RAGE – Realising an Applied Gaming Eco-system, is a 48-months Technology and Know-How driven Research and Innovation project co-funded by EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020.
RAGE aims to develop, transform and enrich advanced technologies from the leisure games industry into self-contained gaming assets (i.e. solutions showing economic value potential) that support game studios at developing applied games easier, faster and more cost-effectively. These assets will be available along with a large volume of high-quality knowledge resources through a self-sustainable Ecosystem, which is a social space that connects research, gaming industries, intermediaries, education providers, policy makers and end-users. To take advantage of the fruitful opportunities of this growing industry, the RAGE project will help to seize these opportunities and advance industrial leadership and innovation by delivering to Applied Games studios:
- An interoperable set of advanced technology assets tuned to applied gaming,
- Proven practices of using asset-based applied games in various real-world contexts,
- Centralised access to a wide range of applied gaming software modules, services and resources,
- An online social space that facilitates collaboration that underlie progress and innovation,
- Workshops and online training opportunities for both developers and educators
- Assets-based business cases supporting industry at seizing new opportunities, and
- A business model and launch plan for exploiting RAGE results beyond project´s duration.